Regular troop meeting tonight. This month's meeting theme is wilderness survival. Below is the plan for the troop meeting:
- Flag Ceremony. Color presentation. Scout Oath. Scout Law. Outdoor Code. Patrol yells.
- Patrol Meal Planning Time. Patrols will improve their meal plans from the previous week. They will use the cooking and meal planning skills learned in the month of December for this activity. The meal that is planned at the meeting tonight will be used at the next campout. Please refer to the Recipes page.
- Patrol Training Rotations
- Survival Knots: Half hitch and tautline hitch
- Advanced Fire Setup with Mr. Stremmel
- Survival Signals: Semaphore, Mirrors, etc.
- Shipwreck Game
- Scoutmaster's Minute
After the meeting, there will be a brief PLC review with Patrol Leaders, SPL, ASPL, and the Scoutmaster. This is an important review before the campout.