Sports themed fall camporee at KARS Park. We Came, We Saw, and We Conquered!
Troop 338 has done it again. We won Best Troop overall for the 2013 Fall District Camporee!!
Not all events were judged such as Football, Ultimate Frisbee, Kan Jam, or Ladderball. Some events were competed by assembled patrols, not necessarily the patrols we have in the troop. This was done by the judges of the events at the scene. Of those events that were judged, here are the results that I could remember:
Firewood Challenge: not Placed
Tripod Challenge: 1st, 2nd Place
Patrol Flag Relay: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
Best Gateway: 338
Best Campsite: not us
Best Scout Spirit: 369
The feedback I got from the judges was that our scout spirit would have been 2nd place if they had that level of award, probably the same for campsite.
Your preparation, skill, and positive attitudes have paid off and I am proud of all of you especially to our scout leaders who have stepped up so well this year.
- Ultimate Frisbee – run by Troop 348
- Tripod Challenge – run by Troop 224
- Firewood Challenge – run by Troop 355
- Flag Football – run by Troop 321
- Patrol Flag Relay – run by Troop 338
- Kan Jam / Ladderball
Camporee Judging Categories
- Campfire Skits / Songs / Cheers
- Gateway (correct lashings, Sports themed, include a gateway device like a door or turnstile)
- Campsite (organized and clean, useful campsite gadget)
- Scout Spirit (possibly wear sports clothes over uniforms)
- Performance on Camporee Events